The best about this: Once you see the problem, you can implement solutions.
The solution: Get some tools to work smarter
After the insights were explained at a company-wide workshop, Mobit and JOIN21 implemented a ‘Way of Work’ program to boost interaction between people, managers, dealers and departments across the regular chains of command. Some of the things they did:
– Implemented a collaboration platform (Workplace) to improve knowledge flow and allow employees and leaders to connect more, work smarter and perform better.
– Charged people with high centrality (formal and informal leaders) with leading the program.
– Created smaller ‘expert communities’ in Workplace based on the analysis, to boost domain knowledge across the retail chain.
– Set up a designated management community in Workplace to increase value creation in key areas.
The results: Increased engagement, information flow and productivity.
Looking back, Mobit CEO Trond Voll says the process led to some very real benefits:
“As a result of these insights, the merger was smooth. We gained a tremendous understanding of how communication develops in our network, and what network functionality means in real life”, Voll says, highlighting major effects:
– Increased engagement, knowledge flow and collaboration across dealerships
– More customers due to connecting dealers and expertise
– Stronger relationships with customers, partners and suppliers
– Smarter and more motivated cross-functional teams and projects